A Collection of Books on Ceylon
- Scanned ... Mahavamsa translated by Wilhelm Geiger, 1912, Lanka
- GP#02124 Chinese monk Fa-hsien of travels in India and Ceylon (A.D. 399-414) translated by James Legge, 1886, Oxford.
- Scanned ... Culavamsa translated by Wilhelm Geiger, 1931, Lanka
- Scanned ... Description of the Isle of Ceylon by Philip Baldaeus, 1672, Amsterdam.
- GP#14346 Historical Relation of the Island CEYLON by Capt. Robert Knox, 1681, London.
- Scanned ... An Account of the Island of Ceylon, by Robert Percival, 1803, London.
- GP#02036 Eight Years' Wanderings in Ceylon. by Samuel W. Baker, 1855, London.
- GP#03231 Rifle and Hound in Ceylon. by Samuel W. Baker, 1854, London.
- GP#13552 An Account of the Island Ceylon by Sir James E. Tennent, 1860, London.
- GP#13325 Sketches of Natural History of Ceylon by Sir James E. Tennent, 1861, London.
- GP#400421 Every Day Life on a Ceylon Cocoa Estate by Mary E. Steuart, 1905, London
- Submitted . Ancient Ceylon by Henry Parker, 1909, London.
- On-line .... A short History of Ceylon by H. W. Codrington, 1926, London.
The text from Gutenberg Project have been transformed to a convenient to
read E-book format in HTML.
Chapters are put in individual web document pages with footnotes moved and
linked to the end of each web page. Illustrations scanned from original
edition will be added when possible if they were not been included in release.
If you are intersted and can help with the Proof reading please join PGDP and help get started.
Above transformations are done mostly by automated computer scripts with
minimum of hand editing just to define the break up of the file.
Smaller web pages a fully indexed by google and focus any search link
with higher weight directly on the most relevant section of text in book.
Comments: Please E-mail Kavan